Sunday, December 20, 2009

My List of Things To Do

This list will assuredly grow as time goes by and as I pull out the last of the processed food from my pantry and realize, "I can make that!", but here is a short list of some of the things I want to learn to make from scratch. If you can think of any processed foods YOU would like to learn how to make from scratch, leave them in the comments, and I'll see what I can do.

Cream of (mushroom, broccoli, chicken) Soup
Whole Wheat crackers (like Wheat Thins)
Cereal (to mimic cold cereals)
Pasta
Yogurt

I'm also looking into homemade:

Soap
Lotion
Hair shampoo/conditioner
cleaning supplies
Toothpaste

Let the games begin!

2 comments:

  1. I have some recipes on the homemade cleaners... I'll see if I can dig them up and send them to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a list of ideas for you:

    shampoo = baking soda
    conditioner = apple cider vinegar
    I've been using these in place of store bought for months and they works great!

    cleaning supplies = vinegar, baking soda, washing soda, borax and castile soap. I have some great recipes that I use regularly if you'd like them.

    laundry soap = castile bar soap, borax and washing soda - again, I have a recipe that i regularly use if you'd like it.

    deoderant= great recipe on Amy Karol's blog Angry Chicken http://angrychicken.typepad.com/angry_chicken/2008/07/homemade-deodor.html

    ReplyDelete